- NZD30 - NZD40 per hour, Benefits: $30 - $40
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 25 days ago
Fitter/Welder – Opportunities with Tradestaff
Are you an experienced Fitter/Welder looking for a new challenge? Do you want a change of scenery? Hawke's Bay will be the predominate area of work for this role - however you may also be required to work in the Wellington, Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Auckland. This will be discussed with the successful applicant.
We are looking for Fitters/Welder with background knowledge and experience with the following (but are not limited to):
- studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings
- fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment
- checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
- forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal
- cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment
- may erect machines and equipment on-site
- cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering
- repairs to metal products and structures using various welding techniques.
- joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting
- examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision
Ideally, you will be or have:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience
- Trade qualifications preferred however scope and length of experience may substitute for the formal qualification
- Your own tools
- Own reliable transport
- At least 2 work references
- 100% commitment to Health & Safety
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
In return we offer competitive rates of pay, varied and challenging work, regular hours with a guaranteed minimum of 30 hours per week, as well as long-term opportunities.
Minimum pay range $30-$40 depending on experience
About Tradestaff: Tradestaff is also a member of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (RCSA) of Australia and New Zealand, demonstrating our commitment to professional standards.