UK Working Holiday Visa Upgrade
From the 1st July 2023 upgrades to the UK Working Holiday Scheme (WHS) will allow more UK citizens to travel and work in New Zealand for longer.
What is Changing?
- The age of eligibility for a UK WHS visa will increase from 18 – 35 years
- The maximum period of time WHS visa holders can stay in New Zealand is extended to three years
- WHS visa holders will be able to work the full duration of their visa
- Up to 15,000 visas may be granted annually under the new update
Current UK Working Holiday Scheme Visa Holders
- From 1st July 2023, current UK WHS holders in NZ will be able to apply for the new three-year maximum stay. This will allow them to extend their stay and work for the rest of their time in NZ.
- Current UK WHS visa holders will need to provide a medical, x-ray certificate and police certificate if they haven’t already. For further information please click here
5 months ago by